Sauteed Beet and Pistachio Salad Recipe
- 2 large beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Peel the beets and chop the ends off. Chop into thin strips.
2. Rinse, seed, and chop the jalapeno into thin slices.
3. Peel the onion, chop the ends off, and dice.
4. Saute the beets and onion with coconut oil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add the jalapeno and pistachios and saute another 5 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off then add the chopped basil, olive oil, and salt.
7. Serve while warm.
294 calories, 21 g fat, 26 g carbs (7 g fiber), 6 g protein, 625 mg sodium