- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Tahini dressing ingredients:
- 1/3 cup sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
I did these first three steps simultaneously in order to speed up the prep time.
1. In a small pot, bring the water and couscous to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and allow the couscous to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, soaking up the water.
2. Steam the broccoli in a steamer for 5-7 minutes (or use a microwave or stove method, you just want the broccoli to be soft in the end)
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens. Remove from heat and stir in the cumin.