- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Tahini dressing ingredients:
- 1/3 cup sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
I did these first three steps simultaneously in order to speed up the prep time.
1. In a small pot, bring the water and couscous to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and allow the couscous to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, soaking up the water.
2. Steam the broccoli in a steamer for 5-7 minutes (or use a microwave or stove method, you just want the broccoli to be soft in the end)
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens. Remove from heat and stir in the cumin.
- 1 1/2 cup black eye peas)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped (1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- add 1 1/2Tbsp Soy Sauce.
- Mix up all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve and eat up!
4 tablespoon pumpkin purée
1/2 cup almond milk
4 ice or frozen almond milk cubes
1 1/2 shot Cinnamon spiced Kahlua
1 shot Amaretto
2 shots Spiced rum
Makes 2 servings
Dessert cocktail smoothie strawberry tea cake
Or chocolate tea cake or almond tea cake
Sauteed Beet and Pistachio Salad Recipe
- 2 large beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Peel the beets and chop the ends off. Chop into thin strips.
2. Rinse, seed, and chop the jalapeno into thin slices.
3. Peel the onion, chop the ends off, and dice.
4. Saute the beets and onion with coconut oil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add the jalapeno and pistachios and saute another 5 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off then add the chopped basil, olive oil, and salt.
7. Serve while warm.
294 calories, 21 g fat, 26 g carbs (7 g fiber), 6 g protein, 625 mg sodium
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried bananas chips
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to break everything up. Then blend continuously until the ingredients have broken down and start to clump together into a ball.
- Using a spatula to scrape down the sides, turn out the mixture onto a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap. Press into an ice tray and freeze, for at least an hour. Pop out the ice cubes and store in the refrigerator.
1/2 C cranberries